Give BIG for scholarships on May 5th-6th for Washington’s annual state-wide day (now two days) of giving, GiveBIG!
During this time of physical separation, our conductors are going above and beyond to continue to offer exceptional music education virtually and a means for choristers to connect with each other. Together, choristers are able to find solace in music during a time of upheaval. They learn via Zoom and vocal tracks, sharing musical skills, singing challenges, and laughter with their peers. Today, more than ever before, it's important to ensure that girls and young women have the opportunity to do something that makes them feel good about themselves: sing!
In just one month, the need for scholarships has grown by 33% and it continues to increase each week. Give BIG to scholarships for current and new choristers, and to support all of Northwest Girlchoir's programs. Thanks to incredible advance gifts by a small handful of community members, we already have $10,000 in matching funds for GiveBIG! We hope you will help us meet the generosity of our matching donors to reach our goal of $20,000. Your support gives choristers the opportunity to connect, gain confidence, and learn music together!
Special thanks to our generous matching donors:
James & Geraldine Godfrey
Eric & Tera Schreiber (Board President)
You can help support Northwest Girlchoir during GiveBIG by creating a peer-to-peer “FUNdraising page”. If you’re not familiar with peer-to-peer fundraising, it’s a means for an individual to create their own fundraising page on behalf of an organization. The creator can then send this page to family and friends. If someone donates to their page, that donation is attributed to the creator’s fundraiser, which then also feeds into the parent fundraiser for NWGC.
How to create a peer-to-peer FUNdraising page:
1. Go to Northwest Girlchoir’s GiveBIG webpage: https://www.givebigwa.org/northwest-girlchoir
2. Click the “Fundraise” button at the top of our profile.
3. Click “Create Profile” blue button above the text box.
4. Enter all required (*) information and click “Create Profile” at the bottom of the page.
5. Enter all required (*) information. Select a name for your fundraising page (AKA “Title”), a specific URL for your fundraising page, a description (take a look at this page for inspiration), and fundraising goal that feels comfortable. When you’re done, click “Publish my page” at the bottom of the page.
6. You will then receive an email from GiveBIG with a link to your page. Note: it may take a couple of hours before your page is published.
If you’re interested, here is a link to more GiveBIG peer-to-peer fundraising resources. If you have any questions or need any assistance, you can reach out to Kate at email@example.com.