Northwest Girlchoir Summer Sing Day Camp
Summer Sing Day Camp
July 25-29, 2016
Summer Sing Day Camp is currently full. Please fill out the Summer Sing Waitlist Form to be notified if space becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will plan to join us next year for Summer Sing 2017!
Monday July 25- Friday July 29, 2016.
Camp runs from 9:30am-3:30pm (before- and after-care is available when arranged in advance).
At the Northwest Girlchoir facility at North Seattle Alliance Church, 2150 N 122nd St, Seattle, WA 98133.
Tuition for Summer Sing 2016
$295 early-bird rate for grades 2-7 / $325 after March 31, 2016
$150 for grades 8-9 (Counselors-in-Training, current Northwest Girlchoir choristers only)
Before-camp care (8:30am-9:30am): $40/week
After-camp care (3:30pm-5:30pm): $50/week
Both before- and after-camp care: $80/week
About Summer Sing
Girls entering grades 2-7 next fall are invited to enjoy Northwest Girlchoir’s annual Summer Sing Day Camp - the ultimate music experience for girls who love to sing! Summer Sing offers a week of choral singing, instrument exploration, arts and crafts, group games, outdoor fun, and more! We also welcome current choristers entering grades 8-9 next fall, to join in the fun and sign up as Counselors-in-Training. Northwest Girlchoir's current high school choristers will act as group counselors throughout the week!
All campers participate in Summer Sing choir rehearsals taught by Northwest Girlchoir's professional team of music educators. Learn music in a fast-paced environment and share what you've learned at the end-of-the-week concert for family and friends!
Classes are taught by Northwest Girlchoir's professional offered by grade level and camp group and change from year to year. Here are previous class offerings:
• Instrument exploration: try your hand at xylophones, handbells, and percussion instruments.
• World Music: campers are introduced to music from across the globe.
• Songwriters and Songwriting: learn about some of history's greatest songwriters and write a song as a group.
• Music Video production: use your creativity to tell a story by acting and expressing emotions. Check out our 2015 and 2014 music video class productions!
• Folk Dance: enjoy traditional group folk dance instruction and bust a move with fellow campers.
All campers participate in lively outdoor games and engaging arts and crafts. Camp also features a midweek swim excursion and movie night!